Kindle Tablet To Be Unveiled?

by Greg on September 27, 2011

The Kindle tablet that’s been talked about for the past few months is rumored to be unveiled tomorrow. The name of it is supposedly the Kindle Fire.

This tablet will display content in full color, run Android, and have a 7-inch touch screen. This will be the first Kindle with a color screen and it will be back lit.

Amazon has a news conference scheduled for tomorrow, September 28, and it is widely believed that the announcement for the Kindle Fire will be made then. The rumored price is somewhere around $250 and it should be shipped sometime in November.

So, what do you think? If the Kindle tablet is released tomorrow do you think you’ll get one?

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Cheryl King September 28, 2011 at 9:23 am

The best thing about the Kindle is having the e-ink screen is the easy reading and no eye strain that backlit screens give you. If they could figures out a way to have both screens – one for reading a book and one for other things – that would be great. But, otherwise I’ll stick with my Kindle 3 – love it and read from it everyday !

2 Cheri September 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I won’t be buying this. I just bought my kindle and I love it! I don’t need to upgrade yet!

3 Jeanne September 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I have a Kindle 3G and IPad 1, I don’t think I need a Kindle Fire tablet.

4 Stacey September 27, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I will take a pass on this new toy. What i love about e-ink is that I can read for hours without eyestrain. In a pinch, I can read on my Android.

5 Patty Bacon September 27, 2011 at 7:18 pm

At that price, yes, I’ll take the leap. The Kindle has sold me completely so I have great expectations of any new product they produce. But it better be as awesome as the Kindle or it won’t fly.

6 Laura Ring September 27, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Well……………color would be nice, a lit background would be even nicer. $250.00 is too high a price. Why not offer upgrades to the people who have already purchased a Kindle. I love my kindle, best thing since sliced bread…………I will keep on using the one I have. Too much money for only two new features. And thats my opinion………Folks

7 Alice September 27, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I won’t be getting one any time soon. I’ve had my K2 for 2 years and still works fine for me; I also have an iPhone 3GS, an iPad2 (only a couple of months old) and I have both a mini mac and regular PC at home. If I do upgrade to a new Kindle, it’ll be K3 with both wifi and 3G. I don’t think the Kindle Fire will offer anything I don’t already have.

8 ADickinson September 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm

What’s wrong with it being “back lit?” That is one of the comments I’ve made about my kindle all along. I love it and use it every day. But I definitely would go for the new tablet. I will always find a use for my regular kindle.

9 Carolyn September 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Oh yeah! Most definitely!

Previous post: