Kindle 2 Tips
Here are some tips and tricks for using the Kindle 2. I will continually update this page with new tips and tricks as I find them. Please send me some of your own tips if you don’t see them included here.
- Short Cuts For The Kindle 2 – For Kindle 2 short cuts go here: Kindle 2 Short Cuts
- Delete Book Samples – Go to ‘Home’ screen, use 5-way to underline sample you want to delete, move 5-way to the left and select delete.
- Sleep/Wake – Slide and release the power switch.
- Time – Just press the ‘Menu’ button and the time will appear at the top of the screen.
- Jump from page 1 to page 4 (or any page) of your Home screen Press ’4′ (or whatever page number you want to go to) and then press the 5-way.
- Turn Wireless Off – Press ‘Menu’ button, scroll to top with 5-way and select ‘Turn Wireless Off’.
- Text To Speech – You can do this three ways.
1. While reading a book, press the ‘Aa’(text) button and use 5-way to scroll to ‘Text-to-Speech’ and select.
2. While reading a book, press the ‘Menu’ button, scroll down to ‘Start Text-to-Speech’ and select.
To turn off Text-to-Speech use the same steps.
3.Hold down the ‘Shift’ and ‘SYM’ keys. This will turn Text-to-Speech on and off.
- Change Text To Speech Settings – By pressing the ‘Aa’ button while Text-to-Speech is on you can pause, change the speech rate, and change the speaking voice between male and female.
- Use Dictionary To Look Up Words As You Read As you’re reading you can highlight a word and at the bottom of the screen you will have the definition of that word.
- Get Free Books From The Kindle Store When you go to visit the Kindle store at Amazon type “-domain” into the search box and it will bring up a list of free books for your Kindle.
- Go To Kindle Store Press ‘alt’ key then ‘home’ button and you will go straight to the Kindle store.
- To Get A Screen Shot From Your Kindle 2 Press ‘Alt’ ‘Shift’ then ‘G’ to get a screen shot from your Kindle 2 that you can download to your computer.
- Charge The Kindle 2 Two Ways – You can charge the Kindle 2 by plugging it into a wall socket or by plugging it into your computer with the USB cable.