Authors Promote Your Kindle Books Here
Book of the Day spots for 2013 are sold out. Please enter your name and email in the form below to hear about sponsorship opportunities that will come up throughout the year.
Ereader News Today (ENT) is offering you the opportunity to sponsor ENT’s Book Of The Day for $60 for a book priced below $2.99 or $150 for a book priced $2.99 and above. All payments will be made through Paypal – no exceptions.
These prices are for the first quarter of 2013 only and may increase after that. The reason for this is that the number of ENT readers will continue to increase due to our daily advertising. So, while you may pay more for a spot in the second quarter of 2013 and beyond, it will probably pay off better for you due to the larger audience. If it is determined that your sponsorship will not benefit from our larger, ever increasing audience, then the prices will not be increased.
We will send out an email notifying you of the price increase, if there is one, prior to the second quarter of 2013 (and the third and fourth quarters as well).
Although the prices will probably increase, please be assured that it will not be a significant increase and our prices will still be much lower than other sites that offer similar services. We will review our prices every quarter to see if a price increase is warranted, but we will not increase our prices if the benefits of your sponsorship will not increase also. Although we do not guarantee that you will make your money back on a sponsorship, it is our goal that you do make it back and then some.
Your book will get sent out to over 400,000 Facebook fans and 200,000 email subscribers who are avid Kindle readers. We don’t guarantee that you’ll make your investment back but you most likely will.
Here’s what authors have had to say when their books were featured as the Book Of The Day:
- ENT gave my books a tremendous push! I am thrilled by the exposure and plan to tap into this promo opportunity again…and again. Thanks, ENT! ~ Donna Fasano
- As ENT’s Book Of The Day, sales of my book increased dramatically, and the numbers are still going up. Thanks for the momentum. ~ Drake Highlander
Please Do NOT Send Any Payments At This Time
Check below to see the information we will need from you.
Please read this entire page. If you do not send us the information that we need, we will not post your book.
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
We allow books to be included up to $5.99 but most of the success is seen with books priced around $2.99. This is because most of our readers are interested in free or bargain books although we have sold a good number of the higher priced books also.
There’s generally more sales of the $0.99 books than books that cost $2.99 but you may be able to make more with a $2.99 book due to Amazon’s royalty structure.
When your book has been posted as Book Of The Day, let all of your social networks know about it. Send them the link to ENT’s Facebook account and ask them to “Like” the post and leave a comment. This helps to get more clicks on the post which gets more traffic to your book and more sales. This is very important and helps a lot but not too many authors take advantage of this so make sure to do this and you’ll get more sales.
It is also a good idea to make sure your book has at least a few good reviews. The more good reviews that a book has, the better it usually does as the Book Of The Day. I realize that it’s not always possible to have a lot of reviews, especially if your book is relatively new but the books that sell the most, everything else being equal, are the books with a lot of very good reviews.
Also, books that have a quality cover seem to sell a lot more too. Even though we’ve all heard the saying “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” a lot of people do just that.
Not all genres will have the same results. The demographics of ENT show that the highest percentage of readers are women between 35 and 55 but there are readers of all ages, gender, marital status, etc. Please keep this in mind when deciding which book you would like us to promote for you.
It is probably a good idea to NOT promote a book that was recently free or there will be a lot of people mentioning that they just received the book for free. This will, most likely, lower your sales. If you want to promote a recently free book as the BOTD, it is your choice but it is not recommended.
What do you get when you sponsor a Book Of The Day post?
- We will do a post on the ENT website for you promoting your book. We will use the description from Amazon.
- We will include information about you, the author, so that readers learn more about you and your background. This is to add a more personal touch and to get more readers to become a fan of you as an author and could lead to sales of other books you have published. We will use the information from Amazon for this unless you specify that you’d like us to use different info than what’s available on your Amazon author page.
- Your book will be highlighted in the upper right portion of the ENT website while your book is the Book Of The Day. This will be seen by all ENT visitors. As of December 2012 we get about 70,000 unique page views per day. Your book will be seen by thousands of people from this feature alone.
- A post about your book will be made on Facebook. This is what really drives the traffic to your book. As of December 2012 we have over 400,000 Facebook fans.
- A post about your book will be made on Twitter.
What do you need to send to ENT for the Book Of The Day?
- The name of your book and a link to your book on Amazon.
- The genre of your book.
- Your Paypal email – This is the only way we accept payment at this time – no exceptions
- Any information that you would like to add about your book. We usually use the information that’s available from Amazon for both your book and author bio. If you don’t have a description or author bio then please send us a few words about yourself and your book.
- If you have a website, send us the link and it will be included in the post. Also, if you would like us to add your Facebook and Twitter pages send us a link to them as well.
If you do not supply the required information, we will not post your book. There isn’t much required so please read this entire page carefully.
There is a form at the bottom of this page where you will be able to supply all of the above information to us.
What are the rules and regulations for the Book Of The Day?
- Your book must be available on Amazon.com in the Kindle version.
- Your book must have a 3.5 star rating (or higher) on Amazon.com.
- Your book must have at least 7 reviews.
- If you paid for a $60 spot, your book must still be below $2.99 at the time of your sponsorship. If you do raise the price to $2.99 or higher, you will have to pay the higher fee of $150.
- Your book will need to be a full length book – no short stories or novelettes.
- We need to know which book you will be promoting before it will be scheduled.
- We reserve the right to refuse any book for any reason for inclusion for the Book Of The Day. Examples of books that would likely get rejected are books that are pornographic, have graphic sex scenes, explicit sex scenes, soft core porn, have a lot of sex scenes, contain controversial subject matter, offensive to any race, gender, religion, etc. If a book looks objectionable we may review it first. Please remember the demographics of the site when deciding which book you’d like to promote.
- We ask that your book is $5.99 or less. It would probably be best to offer a title around $3.99 or less since that is the price point that seems to be most successful for ENT promos.
Not every book that gets submitted will get a BotD spot. We have hundreds of books submitted and about 240 spots available for 2013. If you don’t get a spot, we do have other promos coming out during the year that you should be able to use to promote your book on ENT.
All books will be verified that they pass all of the requirements above before they are scheduled to be promoted on ENT. About 1 week before your scheduled date, we will send you an invoice for your sponsorship. All Payments are due at the time the invoice is received.